Posted on Feb 07, 2021
A collection of tracks from one of popular culture's most romantic singers went digital on Friday Feb 5th with the release of Frank Sinatra: Reprise Rarities Volume 2 from Frank Sinatra Enterprises and UMe.
Featuring 13 Reprise tracks, many making their digital debut, the collection follows Volume 1 released last month in honour of Frank Sinatra's birthday and celebrating the 60th anniversary of "The Chairman of the Board" founding Reprise Records. Both are now available via all digital streaming platforms: Frank Sinatra: Rarities Volume 2, HERE; Frank Sinatra: Rarities Volume 1, HERE.
Hailed by The New York Times for an "extraordinary voice [that] elevated popular song into an art," Sinatra realised a long-time dream by forming his own record label, Reprise, in 1960. At the time Sinatra's business model was highly innovative in the recording industry; the very first of its kind, he pioneered the concept of having artists create and control their recordings.
"Untrammeled, unfettered, unconfined" is how the early advertisements described Sinatra on Reprise.
Throughout the years artists including Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Bing Crosby, Nancy Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Frank Zappa, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Green Day and Michael Bublé among others have recorded albums for Reprise.
Additional volumes of Frank Sinatra: Reprise Rarities will continue to be released in 2021. Siriusly Sinatra (SiriusXM Ch. 71) will also air part two of an exclusive 'Sinatra: Reprise Rarities' special in February.
FRANK SINATRA — REPRISE RARITIES Volume 2
- Tina – December 21, 1961
- Since Marie Has Left Paree – July 17, 1964
- Blue Lace – November 11, 1968
- Star! – November 11, 1968
- Lady Day – August 25, 1969
- I Love My Wife – November 12, 1976
- Nancy – March 9, 1977
- Emily – March 9, 1977
- Linda – March 14, 1977
- Sweet Lorraine – March 14, 1977
- Barbara – March 14, 1977
- It's Sunday – February 28, 1983
- The Girls I've Never Kissed – October 30, 1986
FRANK SINATRA — REPRISE RARITIES Volume 1
- In the Blue of Evening – March 21, 1961
- As You Desire Me – November 20, 1961
- Don't Take Your Love From Me – November 21, 1961
- Name It and It's Yours – November 22, 1961
- Come Waltz with Me – January 17, 1962
- Everybody's Twistin' – February 27, 1962
- I Left My Heart in San Francisco – August 27, 1962
- You Brought a New Kind of Love to Me – February 21, 1963
- Come Fly with Me – October 11, 1965
- I'll Never Smile Again – October 11, 1965
- Younger Than Springtime – September 20, 1967
- Everything Happens To Me – September 24, 1974
- Just As Though You Were Here – September 24, 1974
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralised U.S. catalogue and special markets entity for UMG. Working in tandem with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, opportunities in new technologies and an emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives to engage all types of consumers across multiple entry points and platforms.
Follow EU Today on Social media: