Ceasefire breach in Nagorno Karabakh - casualties reported

Four Azeri servicemen were killed when they came under attack in areas adjacent to the contested Nagorno-Karabakh region, Azerbaijan’s defence ministry reported on Sunday.

The statement gave few details of the deaths, except to say they occurred during an "anti-terrorism operation" near Hadrut, a southern district of the mountainous enclave.

The incident was confirmed by Russian peacekeeping forces in the region: “One case of ceasefire violation was reported on December 11 in the Hadrut district,” said a statement from the Russian Ministry of Defence on Saturday.

Authorities in Armenia said six of their servicemen had been wounded in the actions.

Image: Maxim atayants, CC BY-SA 4.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

Follow EU Today on Social media:

EUToday Correspondents

EUToday Correspondents

Our team of independent correspondents, based across Europe and beyond, are at the centre of geopolitical dynamics. We are united by our commitment to free and unbiased journalism, and our devotion to the concept of true and unfettered democracy. We take our job very seriously!

Related posts